The second stage of the TSA Advanced Degree program shall be known as the TSA Senatorial Degree. This degree is available to all TSA members who have earned the TSA Congressional Degree. The following requirements must be met before a TSA member can become eligible for this degree.
1. Be a TSA member of good standing.
2. Must have run for a local TSA chapter office.
3. Attend a TSA Fall Leadership Conference.
4. Take the TSA Senatorial Degree written exam, scoring 90 percent or above.
a. The exam shall be administered at the home school and results announced at
the TSA Fall Leadership Conference.
b. A time limit of 30 minutes shall be given for the exam.
c. The exam shall cover an immense range of TSA material and be 45 questions in
d. A TSA Senatorial Degree information is available on the TSA website under Leadership Degree Program.
e. The exam shall consist of multiple choice and matching questions.
f. The materials that the members will be tested over will include:
(1) The motto
(2) The colors and their meaning
(3) The officer symbols
(4) The duties of the officers
(5) The goals and purposes of the organization
(6) The names, schools, and offices of the state officers, representatives, and
(7) The key personnel of TSA (e.g., National Director, State Director, etc.)
(8) The TSA official dress
(9) National TSA information
(10) Advanced Leadership Degrees
(11) TSA Creed
The Senatorial Degree exam shall be graded at the home school by the chapter advisor and the results reported to Oklahoma TSA.
These members are now eligible to proceed to the next set of requirements for the Senatorial Degree. They are as follows:
1. Must maintain a "B" average or better in all STEM classes.
2. Must give at least one public presentation about TSA or STEM.
3. Must serve on at least one local TSA chapter activity committee.
4. Must attend and compete in at least one competitive event at the TSA State
5. Complete and send in the TSA Senatorial Degree application by the
posted deadline to Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
All applications shall be screened prior to the TSA State Conference. Members who meet all the above requirements shall be recognized during the TSA State Conference as being recipients of the TSA Senatorial Degree. These members will be awarded the appropriate lapel pin. Receiving the Senatorial Degree makes the TSA member eligible to pursue the TSA Presidential Degree.