Senatorial Degree Guidelines
The second stage of the TSA Advanced Degree program is the Senatorial Degree. This degree is available to all TSA members who have earned the TSA Congressional Degree. The following requirements must be met before a TSA member can become eligible for this degree.
1. Be a TSA member of good standing.
2. Must have run for a local TSA chapter office.
3. Attend a TSA Fall Leadership Conference.
4. Take the TSA Senatorial Degree written exam, scoring 90 percent or above.
a. A time limit of 30 minutes shall be given for the exam.
b. The exam shall cover an immense range of TSA material and be 45 questions in length.
d. The exam shall consist of multiple-choice questions.
The information members will be tested over will include:
(1) TSA motto
(2) TSA colors and their meaning
(3) Officer symbols
(4) Duties of the officers
(5) The goals and purposes of the organization
(6) The names, schools, and offices of the state officers, representatives, and alternates
(7) The key personnel of TSA (e.g., National Director, State Director, etc.)
(8) The TSA official dress
(9) National TSA information
(10) Advanced Leadership Degrees
(11) TSA Creed
These members are now eligible to proceed to the next set of requirements for the Senatorial Degree. They are as follows:
1. Must maintain a "B" average or better in all STEM classes.
2. Must give at least one public presentation about TSA or STEM.
3. Must serve on at least one local TSA chapter activity committee.
4. Must attend and compete in at least one competitive event at the TSA State Conference.
5. Complete and send in the TSA Senatorial Degree application by the posted deadline to the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
All applications will be screened before the TSA State Conference. Members who meet all the above requirements will be recognized during the TSA State Conference as being recipients of the TSA Senatorial Degree. These members will be awarded the appropriate lapel pin. Receiving the Senatorial Degree makes the TSA member eligible to pursue the TSA Presidential Degree.