Presidential Degree Guidelines
The third stage of the TSA Advanced Degree program is the Presidential Degree. This is the highest degree issued on the state level. This degree is only available to Level II TSA members who have earned the TSA Senatorial Degree. Before a TSA member can become eligible for this degree, the following requirements must be met:
1. Be a TSA member of good standing.
2. Presently holding or have held a local TSA chapter office.
3. Must have attended and competed in a competitive event at a past TSA National Conference.
4. Score 90 percent or above on the Presidential Degree written exam.
The information members will be tested over will include:
(1) The motto
(2) The colors and their meaning
(3) The officer symbols
(4) The duties of the officers
(5) The goals and purposes of the organization
(6) The names, schools, and offices of the state officers, representatives, and alternates
(7) The key personnel of TSA (e.g., National Director, State Director, etc.)
(8) The TSA official dress
(9) National TSA information
(10) Advanced Leadership Degrees
(11) TSA Creed
(12) Parliamentary procedures
These members are now eligible to proceed to the next set of requirements for the Presidential Degree.
They are as follows:
1. Must maintain a "B" average or better in all STEM classes.
2. Must give at least two public presentations about TSA or STEM before the State TSA Conference.
3. Must serve on at least one local TSA chapter activity committee different from that served on for the Senatorial Degree.
4. Participate in a competitive event at the upcoming State TSA Conference.
5. Complete and send in the TSA Presidential Degree application by the posted deadline to the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
All resumes shall be reviewed prior to the State TSA Conference. Members who meet all the above requirements shall be recognized at the TSA State Conference as being recipients of the TSA Presidential Degree. These members will be awarded the appropriate lapel pin. The TSA Presidential Degree is the highest degree of membership awarded by Oklahoma TSA.
In the event a TSA member is unable to be a candidate for the Presidential Degree Program because he or she will be graduating from high school, special approval must be obtained through the state Advisor's office in order to be a candidate for and complete both the Senatorial and Presidential Degrees during his or her senior year.